If you’re a first-time CBD user or have never had any experience administering CBD to your cat before, the process probably seems daunting. The good news is that there are several different ways to give your cat the healthful benefits of CBD.
However, before you purchase the best CBD cat treats for your four-legged friend, there are considerations to be made prior to purchasing treats. And you’ll want to make sure you’re choosing quality products that won’t harm your kitty. Here’s everything you need to know on how to find the best CBD treats for cats:
What is CBD?
CBD is a compound found in hemp and cannabis plants. It’s non-psychoactive, which means it doesn’t make you (or your cat) feel high like THC, which is the other compound found in cannabis.
CBD has been shown to have many health benefits for humans and animals. It’s now legal in all 50 states, as well as across Canada.
You can purchase CBD products at pet stores or online retailers such as Amazon, or you can make them yourself at home with organic ingredients (for example, coconut oil infused with hemp extract).
How can CBD treats benefit your cat?
The best CBD treats for your cat help tackle the following popular cat problems:
- Pain and inflammation
- Anxiety, stress
- Sleep and relaxation
- Other health-related issues; while studies are inconclusive for humans and pets, some feel that CBD can help with epileptic episodes, dementia, and memory care.
CBD cat treats are particularly useful for cats with arthritis or other joint problems. They can also be very helpful for older cats who may need something to ease discomfort while they sleep. In addition to relieving pain, CBD cat treats can provide a calming effect that reduces anxiety and agitation in your feline friend; this can be especially crucial for long car rides, moves, or anytime your cat may feel uneasy.
Considerations to make prior to purchasing CBD cat treats
Before narrowing down the best CBD treats for cats, you should note the following:
- CBD is non-psychoactive. This means that it does not contain any ingredients that can cause a high, however, some humans note slight headaches or stomach discomfort after using CBD. As with any topical or oral treatment, there is always a chance of irritation.
- CBD is safe for cats. The FDA has approved the use of cannabis for treating pain and nausea in people with cancer who have been undergoing chemotherapy treatments. Since cats suffer from many of these same conditions—including pain due to arthritis and other illnesses like FIV infection—they can benefit from using it as well.
- CBD is safe for humans too. As stated above, there are no known, serious side effects associated with taking CBD oil orally so you don’t need to worry about harming yourself while giving your cat a dose every day (though do keep in mind that you shouldn’t give more than 10mg per kg, per day).
- CBD can require repetition in order to see or feel a difference, it can also take up to half an hour to ‘kick in’.
The best CBD treats for cats available now
If you’re looking for a CBD treat for your kitty, consider these salmon treats (also available in a soft chew) from Holistapet. Each treat contains 2mg of CBD, and each container contains 75 treats. They are grain-free, natural, and contain absolutely no THC.
MediPets’ products are created using organic hemp grown without pesticides and other harmful chemicals. Their products include a variety of chews and oils for pets, and are packed with nutritious and natural ingredients. These 2mg cat greats contain CBD, but also help with tartar control, so your cat will benefit in several ways.
Penguin has the option to bundle and save if you’re looking to stock up on CBD cat treats. Their treats are salmon flavored, come in quantities of 60, and contain 3.3 mg of CBD in each treat. They’re made of healthy ingredients your cat is sure to love.
These chicken and trout flavored chews will pique your cat’s interest and provide them with the health benefits associated with CBD oil. Each chew contains 1.5mg of CBD extract, and each package contains 100 chews.
These chicken-flavored treats are available in 1mg or 2mg per chew options, and in varying quantities. Plus, they contain catnip, meaning cats will go crazy for these healthy and beneficial treats.
These 2mg cat chews are available in 60 packs and they contain chamomile, which is known as another calming agent that can help reduce stress, anxiety, and hyperactivity in cats. Each treat is packed with healthy ingredients and is safe to give your cat(s) daily.
CBD is a natural substance, and there are many different ways to give your cat the healthful benefits of CBD.
Some cats may benefit from giving them treats that contain this substance, especially if there are certain conditions for which it can help. This includes pain and inflammation, as well as anxiety.
Cats with chronic illnesses or conditions such as arthritis often experience nausea, which can be exacerbated by other medications they’re taking to deal with the issue at hand. For this reason, it’s important that you only use treats made specifically for cats when administering them. If treats are not well tolerated by your cat, consider using a CBD oil tincture for cats that can be added to their other food during the day.
Overall, CBD pet treats are a great way to give your kitty the benefits of CBD. They’re easy to administer, can be used for many different medical conditions, and most importantly will keep your cat happy and healthy!
Check out these similar articles
Check out these similar pages on the best deals:
- the best Gua Sha oil
- The best apps to mediate
- The best free book giveaways
- Check Out These 11 Dope Costa Vida Coupons, Deals, & Offers
- The Best Paying Survey Sites
- The best free digital planners
- Where to find the best deals on flights
- The best self-care journals